miércoles, 28 de septiembre de 2011

"First impressions" (EXTRA CREDIT)

Everyone knows that the first impression is very important, and almost everyone has a memory of the first impression they got of someone who is very important for them. Many will remember that maybe the first time you met your best friend you thought he or she was awkward and weird, but that when you got to him or her better you realized that it was totally the opposite of what you thought. And really, it happens all the time, because we always get the wrong idea of what people are really like. So when I thought of writing about this topic so many people came to my mind, but almost immediately I realized that I could not remember about the first impression I had from them. Then after thinking and remembering a while, I thought about the first impression I had of something that is really present in my life, and I thought that writing about it would be something funny.

It occurred on June of last year, I cannot remember exactly when, but I am pretty sure it was either in June or July of 2010. The first sunrays of the day where entering into my room through the window. Since vacations were just starting I was still used to wake up at 6:00am, so I was already awake. After a really delicious breakfast, which consisted of pancakes, eggs, bacon and sausages, I found myself sitting next to my mom who was talking over the phone about someone that was supposed to come to my house.  I tried to deduce what she was talking about, but really it was impossible. All I understood was that someone called “Bruno” would be coming to my house later on that day. Mother had to leave the house to pay some bills, so I could not ask her anything about this Bruno.

Bruno? First of all, what kind of name is that? And why would he be coming to my house? Well, I did not know, so all I could do was wait for him to come. While I waited I sat on the couch and thought about what I heard when my mom was talking on the phone.  I recalled something about being mistreated and hit. Maybe Bruno was a victim of domestic violence. She also said something that made me think of him as a little child. Well, hours passed and suddenly my grandfather called. He told me he had just left Bruno at my house back door and that I should go see him. Since he was busy he hung up really first fast and I could not ask him anything about Bruno. I was nervous but also curious about him, so I rushed to the door.

The moment I opened the door I understood everything.  “So you are Bruno” I said to myself as I stared at him directly. He was there sitting in the floor, doing literally nothing. I was impacted by the way he looked at things; it was as if he was scared of everything and everyone.  He had these wide black eyes that sparkled and that were more than expressive.  He looked so little, so tiny, so defenseless, so innocent, so cute, so scared of everyone around him. He gave you the feeling that he was sad, and that he was yearning for someone’s company and love.  Maybe he was feeling lonely; maybe he was afraid of being in this place in which he had never been before.

After some minutes just watching at him, I decide to approach to him. He had not realized I was there, so when he saw me he ran away from where he was to the furthest place possible. I bent and called out for him until he finally got convinced and approached to me. I understood the “being mistreated” thing, since every time I raised my hand to touch his head he would lower his head and close his eyes quickly. I rubbed his head for a while until he calmed down; when he finally did I grabbed him and hugged him tightly. I realized he was not scared of me anymore, so I let him on the floor and watch him fool around all over my patio. He was really cute and sweet, Bruno was a little poor thing that I had decided to take care of.

Nowadays Bruno personality has changed quite a lot; since he is no longer this innocent and timid thing, he has turned really obstinate and defiant. Of course, he is no longer afraid of people anymore actually he has become very sociable. I have learned to love him, even though I find him really stubborn sometimes. The first impression I had from him is something I will never forget, not only because he has changed a lot but also because he is my beloved dog.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario