lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

"My friend..."

Last Monday early in the morning, I was feeling really sick. I was feeling down, I didn’t want to do anything. I was pale, I was sleepy, I had stuffy nose and I looked just terrible. It was also chilly and that kind of weather made me felt even more depressed. When I entered the classroom my friend noticed really fast that I wasn’t feeling well.  She asked me how I was feeling and if I needed any help, she also tried to put a smile on my face with really bad jokes and stories. Soon enough even though I wasn’t feeling well at all, I was laughing and smiling with her. My friend is always like that. Just by looking my face she can tell how am feeling, if I am good or bad, if I have troubles or issues, if I feel happy or sad, if I feel at uneasy or at ease, and even if I feel pleased or displeased. She knows me more than well. She knows how I react to almost every kind of situation, so this makes it easy for her to understand me better than many other people. When I found myself at times of troubles I know that I can go and talk to her about it, not only because I know that she will listen and understand, but also because she is not afraid of telling me the truth. When I first met her I thought she was really straight forward, harsh some times and a little bit stubborn. But day after day, situation after situation, I realized that those characteristics were not defects but really good qualities. If I am feeling happy, If I am having a good time she knows how to add even more fun and content to those moments, and if I am feeling down, or if I have problems with family or friends she knows how to make me forget about my troubles and also helps me solve them. At first it was hard and difficult to trust each other, but now we understand each other pretty well. I have learned through experience that she is worth my trust and that she knows how to give great advice. I heard some people say that friendship always seeks some kind of interest, and it is true. When you make friends you look for people who will make you have a good time, or people that will take your sorrows away. So whenever skies are cloudy and gray, now I know that they are going to be gray for seconds because I have friends that will make everything shine and look good. For example, when I was feeling troubled about some family issues, my friend listen to my problem carefully.  After that she made me look the problem not only from my perspective, but also from the perspective of the others. She remarked the thing that I had done well, as well as the one that were wrong. When she pointed at my mistakes she made realize that I was taking wrong attitudes, that I needed to act more mature and I had to try to listen to everyone’s opinion and point of view. She also gave me advices of some sort of things I could do, which by the way had great results.  During this times sometimes I find it hard to tell my friends what I was feeling, I was not exactly secure of how to feel or act. I didn’t know who to trust, or who would be able to pay attention to my problem and help me solve it. After thinking and more thinking I thought it would be fine if I told her about this issue, and if I let her know what I was feeling for real. At the end it turned out to be something wonderful, since letting her give me some advice and help only strengthen our bond as friends. To have someone you can trust, to have someone who knows you perfectly, someone who will always tell you the truth, to have someone that knows your reactions, someone who sticks up to you to very end, is to have a friend. For everything she has done to help me I am very thankful, and I don’t think that I could find someone that can be as good friend as her.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario